When you hire an attorney, you should expect to be treated ethically and professionally. At Greenwood Law, we require each of our employees to act in the best interests of our clients at all times. Our legal professionals adhere to the highest professional and ethical standards, including rules specific to Illinois and Iowa.
You can rest assured everything you discuss with us will remain confidential. Lawyers and their staff must maintain confidentiality, and the attorney-client privilege usually allows legal professionals to decline to disclose the content of their discussions with clients, even to courts. While there are limits to this confidentiality, an attorney will generally only disclose the content of their representation to the extent absolutely required by their need to represent their client’s best interests, as expressed by their client, or by order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
With these standards of professionalism and confidentiality in mind, we are prepared to provide you with a variety of quality legal services. We are committed to serving the unique, varied needs of our clients and will do everything we can to help you achieve your objectives.
Schedule a free initial consultation by calling (309) 790-7003 or contacting us online. We are a veteran-owned firm that offers discounts to retired and active military service members, disabled veterans, and union members.
I love referring business owners to James for consultations to make sure they are legally setting up their business entities correct and have a trusted, honest legal expert in their corner.
- Quality Service & Care During Your Entire Legal Process
- Veteran Owned Business
- Experienced Representation
- 30-Minute Consultation
Our experienced lawyer regularly assists individuals and businesses in several legal areas. No matter the complexity of your situation or financial circumstances, we are confident we can offer the tailored support you deserve. We can give guidance on a case-by-case basis or provide ongoing representation.
Our attorney at Greenwood Law can assist you with:
- Business Matters. We help businesses secure desired outcomes in a wide spectrum of scenarios through proactive action. Specifically, our legal professional assists with entity formation, risk management, personnel issues, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Estate Planning. Our firm helps people from all types of backgrounds use estate planning instruments to protect themselves, their assets, and their loved ones. We frequently help clients implement wills, trusts, powers of attorney authorizations, advance directives, and other documents. Our lawyer can also help larger estates minimize the impact of estate taxes and utilize asset protection mechanisms.
- Guardianships and Conservatorships. When a person becomes unable to manage their personal or financial affairs, they may need a guardianship or conservatorship, respectively. A prospective guardian or conservator must get permission from the court before they can start making decisions for the protected person. We help families navigate guardianship and conservatorship proceedings and comply with all state reporting requirements and other rules.
- Probate. A person’s estate must be administered through the probate process after they pass away. The personal representative, typically named in the deceased’s will, is responsible for communicating with the court and completing probate responsibilities, including inventorying assets, paying debts, and filing taxes. The personal representative also represents the estate in any legal action, including will contests.
- Tax Matters. Our firm assists individuals and businesses who encounter any type of tax issue, including audits, liens, levies, collections, appeals, and criminal matters. We understand how to effectively approach disputes with the IRS and state tax agencies.